The New Business and Bribery Agenda
This section offers a brief introduction to recent legislation, grey area issues and a glossary of commonly used terms related to business and corruption. Since the mid nineties an entirely new agenda concerning business and corruption has emerged.
The main features of this agenda are:
- A comprehensive set of international legislation prohibiting bribery of foreign public officials in international business transactions
- The business sector itself being engaged in opposing bribery in various ways
- An intensive collaboration between business, governments and NGOs on creating anti-corruption initiatives
- A growing understanding that corruption and bribery is a major driver in pushing companies in developing countries into the unofficial sector
- Debarring of companies found guilty of bribery
See the section Anti-Corruption Initiatives for further information on international and national public as well as private anti-corruption initiatives.
About Corruption Topics
Introduction to Grey Area Questions